Monday 27 November 2017

Day 2 Wroclaw - back to back walking tour

14 November
Day 2 Wroclaw

Today was mostly about tours in Wroclaw.  I ended up doing 2 walking tours of the city back to back.

The first one was a tour of the "old town" of Wroclaw.  It covered the market square and various older aspects of the city.  I never end up taking many photographs during these tours because there are either people in the way or I'm listening to the tour guide or chatting with one of the other tour group members.

So it was interesting and I enjoyed it and here are a couple of photos and I've forgotten basically everything the guy said.














The second tour was with the same tour guide and it was supposed to be a tour of Jewish Wroclaw.  I was the only person who turned up to this so it turned out to be a private tour and we didn't really stick to the script.  While I enjoyed the one on one attention and the fact the guide was willing to go off script it was kind of annoying that I had to pay attention the whole time.  It's nice to be able to hide in a crowd sometimes!

The history of Poland and the Jews here is really quite something.  It's been a country for a very long time, then not a country at all, then a region that's been subjected to an awful lot of atrocities and is really only getting back on its feet now.  Fascinating place.

After the tours I went back to the hostel for a while then headed out to a brewery in the suburbs For dinner and a couple of drinks which was pretty nice.  Big day but not an eventful one.


I was considering doing another day in Wroclaw since I spent all of today doing tours but decided to just go with my original plan and move on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment